Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday Book Club

I just finished reading:













When Jack and Laurel are married, Jack pledges to write letters to his wife every Wednesday. And he does. Every single Wednesday of his married life, he writes to his wife. And yet, his three children know nothing of these letters until both Jack and Laurel pass away on the same night. Hidden in these letters the lives of Jack and Laurel that their kids never knew are revealed changing everything in their lives.

Overall, I'd give the book 3.5 out of 5 stars. It's a good book. Good. Clean. Great story of commitment, godly character and triumph through struggle. However, I found it to be a little elementary for me. Well written and an easy read and certainly entertaining, but I felt a little bit like I had potatoes and a salad for dinner and was still wondering where the meat was. Potatoes and salad makes for a nice dinner, but a good steak really rounds it out. And this book lacked steak.

So 3.5 stars due to lack of steak.

On to Blessings by Anna Quindlen.

No comments:

Post a Comment